When you do international trade, you will certainly be involved in exports and cannot separate them from customs declaration. The customs declaration process is generally complicated by many types of documents. This is the whole export customs declaration process that Wahapy is doing for customers, let’s see
What are the steps in the customs declaration process?
Step 1: Evaluate, check what kind of goods it is?
If you want to do business, in the immediate future, you need to ensure that your goods are allowed by law, not prohibited goods, … And the export of goods is no exception, even more strict supervision is required.
The first thing you need to do when you intend to trade or export goods abroad is to evaluate your products as banned, encouraged or restricted goods to take the next appropriate handling steps. Here are the following scenarios:
- Ordinary commercial goods: Congratulations, this kind of merchandise is not prohibited or requires any complicated documents or procedures. Feel secure in the next steps of customs declaration for export.
- Prohibited goods: If the foreign market is very potential but in Vietnam is banned from export, you should immediately abandon this intention. You don’t want to get caught up in complicated legal matters, do you?
- Goods that require an export license: Some special items and products that require an export license you need to pay attention to such as herbal medicine, seeds, plants and animals, mineral samples, wood and wood products . , cosmetics, liquid, sand, powder, coal, books – hard drive. Therefore, you need to obtain a full license before you go through with export customs declaration. Avoiding getting a permit will take a long time.
- Goods needing specialized inspection: Specialized inspection means that the competent agency takes samples of goods to evaluate whether the goods meet technical standards according to specialized regulations or not. Often there are more specialized inspections on imported goods than on exported goods. There is currently no specific list regulating items subject to specialized inspection. Therefore, depending on the type of good you intend to export, it is important to check the specifics of that industry.
- Goods subject to export tax: With our country’s open-door policy and export promotion, many items have been taxed at 0%. But besides that, there are still many kinds of goods subject to export tax. Therefore, you need to ensure that your tax obligations are fully fulfilled in order to be able to ship goods on time. Refer to Decree 57/2019 / ND-CP on the latest preferential import and export tariff according to CPTPP
- Goods exported by quota: Restrictions on the quantity, volume or value of goods exported in a period of time. Used to indicate the maximum number of goods that an enterprise can export, usually only applicable to special items such as wood, coal, rice, …
So, depending on your type of goods, you need to be prepared to complete the appropriate procedures and obligations. This makes customs procedures for exporting goods more convenient in the future
Step 2: Sign a foreign trade contract (sale contract)
Foreign trade export contracts are an important document in customs procedures
Purchase and sale contract (also known as a foreign trade contract) is a sale and purchase agreement between an exporter and importer. Foreign trade contracts are a very important document that must be presented when carrying out procedures for exporting goods abroad.
Usually the foreign trade contract will be in bilingual form. If the exporting country is Vietnam, it will usually be Vietnamese – English bilingual (if exporting to the US or European countries), Vietnamese – Chinese bilingual (if exporting to China), …
In the foreign trade contract, there will be important contents such as name, quantity, price, packaging method, delivery conditions, payment method, agreements, …
Of course, there is no common foreign trade contract for all commodities. You can download the sales contract form below and adjust it to suit the shipment you are about to export.
Step 3: Prepare the export documents for customs declaration
The next step in the export customs process is to prepare the documents. Make sure you have the following documents ready:
- Purchase contract (Foreign trade contract)
- Commercial invoice (commercial invoice)
- Packing list (Packing sheet, detailed list)
- Reservation notes (storage agreement)
- Issue a receipt to confirm that the container has landed
- The types of permits vary depending on the commodity identified in step 1. For example, fishery products need quarantine, timber products requiring forest product records, certification of polymerization, etc.
- In addition to 1 set to prepare export customs procedures, you also need to send the overseas importer 1 set of documents for them to complete the import customs procedures in their country.
Step 4: Declare and transfer the export customs declaration
In the basic customs procedures for exports, this is the most important step. To perform this step, your business needs to have a digital signature registered with the General Department of Customs (VNACCS), on a computer system that has pre-installed electronic customs declaration software.
In terms of software, you can use the direct declaration feature on the VNACCS / VCIS system of the General Department of Customs. This is completely free and guided on how to declare export specific customs. However, it is a bit complicated and difficult to manipulate. Instead, many businesses now prefer to purchase additional disclosure software that is licensed for easier management and use.
What you need to do next is based on the prepared documents, enter the necessary information on the declaration system such as port code, type code, code of the Customs Branch, code of storage location, …
Double-check before moving the form. Make sure that all the data and information you enter are 100% correct and not false. Avoid system failures that cause time and effort. If you are not familiar with it, it is best to ask someone who has experience in customs declaration for guidance.
After transmitting the customs declaration, wait for the result to be returned in the green, yellow, or red channel and follow the steps below
Step 5: Prepare a set of documents to submit to the Customs Branch
The customs dossier, after being transmitted to the declaration system, will be reviewed and results returned. There will be three cases: the return is split green, or the return turns yellow or red. Based on that, you will prepare the profile as well as perform the corresponding procedures. Especially:
Prepare a green channel declaration set
This is desirable for most exporters. Green channel means the declaration is cleared and unchecked.
What you need to do is print the barcode and customs clearance declaration from the website of the General Department of Customs, to the Customs Branch to complete some procedures. You also need to bring some other documents such as:
- Dry slip
- Infrastructure fee (if exported at Hai Phong port)
At this time, Customs will sign or stamp the declaration internally. You can bring this flyer to the shipping company to perform step 6
Set a record for gold flow declaration
Prepare a set of documents in accordance with Article 16 of Circular 38/2015 / TT-BTC (as amended and supplemented in letter 39), specifically including: Export customs declaration
- The export customs declaration Form No. 02, Appendix II issued together with Circular 39/2015 / TT-BCT
- Commercial Invoice (Commercial Invoice) or equivalent documents: 1 photocopy
- A list of forest products according to the regulations of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, if the exported goods are raw wood: 01 original – Export permit issued by a competent authority (if any).
- If exported 1 time: 1 original
- When exporting multiple times: When exporting for the first time, only 1 original is required.
- Notice of exemption from specialized inspection or notification of specialized inspection results: 01 original
- Papers proving eligibility to export goods according to the provisions of the investment law: 01 photocopy (when exporting the first batch of goods)
- Entrustment contract (if required to have specialized inspection certificate, export license, certificate of eligibility for export): 1 photocopy
Note: For documents such as export permits, specialized checks and documents proving export eligibility if sent electronically by relevant authorities through the Single Window, no additional payment is required when completing customs clearance.
In fact, each Customs Branch may have its own regulations on documents as well as the form of submission. So to be sure, you should contact us directly for instructions.
Prepare a set of red channel declaration documents
Check the red stream output
If you accidentally fall into the red stream, your goods will be physically checked. This will cost you more time, effort and cost because the procedure is more cumbersome. But in the short term, you still have to prepare full documents like gold flow to submit to the Customs Branch.
Depending on the type of goods and assessment by the customs, the goods will be inspected with a specialized scanner, or checked manually. In the case of manual inspections, rates range from 5-10% of the item to 100% if in doubt.
The following scenarios occur: Firstly, if the correct quantity, type, label with the declaration, the goods will be cleared through customs. Second, if there are many problems with the goods and the wrong quantity, they will be asked and asked for an explanation. Mild will be prompted, administratively sanctioned and take remedial measures upon clearance. If the violation is too serious, it will not be exported.
Step 6: Clearance and liquidation of the declaration
Depending on the form of export as well as the place of export, you will go to a seaport, IDC dry port or airport to clear goods.
Clearance procedures for exporting green channels
You only need to present the barcode and customs clearance form to the department responsible for verification to complete the procedure. (For warehouse cargo that is part of the warehouse, for container goods that are part of the ship’s book, for the airport cargo that is the supervising customs)
Customs clearance for export of gold channel
Submit the documents to customs at the counter. Once the application is valid, you have fully paid the export tax (if any), and you will be printed with the customs clearance barcode.
- For the airline: You deliver to the agent about the shape and weight of the talon. Then hold the barcode, customs clearance declaration and weight slip to submit to the supervising customs to complete customs procedures.
- For retail goods: You present the reservation form to the sales office to register the number of vehicles entering the port. The sales department will print a signboard showing the name of the warehouse and the entrance for you. Goods will be stocked and the number of packages and blocks will be measured on the order form.
Then, to complete the procedure, bring this reservation with your customs clearance form and barcode to the warehouse to issue your receipt.
- For full container cargo: Before going to the counter to enter the ship’s book to do export procedures, you need to pay the fee to lower the container and let the container lower the yard. Remember to bring the barcode and customs clearance slip to enter the train book. At this point you will receive an export shipping registration declaration, and that’s it!
Red Channel Export Clearance Procedures:
Similar to the golden channel, you also have prepared documents for customs. But in parallel with the document inspection and tax examination, the registered customs will transfer this profile to the inspection department.
For the red-channel declaration, you submit the dossier to the registered customs as for the gold channel, but instead of checking the dossier, examining the tax and making a clearance decision, the customs re-registers to transfer the dossier. Go to the inspection department. The testing department will review the records to determine what the test rate is. At this time, the inspector will be sent to the owner and open the goods to check according to regulations. This person will evaluate and clear your goods.
When there is a decision to clear customs clearance and issue bar codes. Take the same steps for gold flow, depending on whether your cargo is air, single or containerized!
Immediately contact Wahapy’s consultants so we can assist and help you get through quickly and conveniently